At Linden Road Academy the whole school community is proud of everything we do, this is due to our Growth Mindset, high expectations and commitment to being the best we can possibly be at all times. Our learning never finishes, we are all thirsty to grow and develop to be better citizens day by day. Whether its looking smart, making outstanding progress, saying a cheery 'Good Morning!', having beautiful table manners or being a great friend our students always seek feedback to improve day by day and lesson by lesson.
During Motivation Monday assemblies students have been exploring what they believe makes them #proudtobelinden.
Progression, passion, perseverance, Power in Me, partnership.
Reciprocity, responsibility, reflectiveness, resilience, respectfulness.
Independence, inspirational, importance, intelligence, improvement, interdependence.
Discussion, discovering, demonstration, determination, dedication.
Excellence, excitement, empathy, enthusiasm, expectations,enjoyment.
What our students say about Linden Road Academy...
" We are a very good school beacuse we dress smart and keep tucked in. It is very quiet and hardly has any distractions. It has a great Learning Zone. There are many places to learn. We can get on and have a laugh and a joke but we know when to stop. Its amazing!"- Luke
"Linden Road is very motivational" - Anais
"I love our new image. I always want to come to school. I love the lessons that we have. It feels like home." - Maliah
"I am proud to be Linden because it is inspiring." - Elma
" I like how they give is that little push to stardom, friendship and high school." - Isabelle
"Its clean and colourful. I love all the books." - Jake
"I am proud of my homework." - Charlie
#proudtobelinden is at the core of our approach to British Values, PSHE and citizenship.
Follow us on Twitter @LindenRoad to see #proudtobelinden in action or come and visit school.
Ellie produced this amazing piece of #proudtobelinden at home. She received a Principal's Commendations in recognition of her work.
Proud To Be Linden
Important part of the community,
No such word as NEVER.
Devoloping our minds every day.
Encouragement and reassurance goes a long way.
New learning techniques are fun to learn.
Respect and friendships will get you far.
Original learning, but in fun ways we enjoy,
Amazing, committed teachers, who believe in every single one of us.
Developing capabilities to our absolute best.
A fantastic display of development, pride and achievement that we use everyday.
Collaborating with each other is the best way to learn.
A compelling school, that I'm proud to be apart of!
Determination and personality makes us stand out from the rest!
Encouragement and belief is all you'll ever need,
Making learning fun, and inspiring us for the future.
Yes we really can be anything we want to be, just work hard and believe in yourself!!.
Incredible how much I love school it’s so much fun.
Spending time on my work, I enjoy it.
Magnificent achievement assemblies, are the best !!
Yay!! We also have celebrations when we reach our class targets.
Supporting each other through thick and thin.
Celebrate each other’s achievements.
Helping each other is what we are about.
Oozing with Linden Pride!!
Outstanding, is what we aim for, in everything we do.
Linden Legends are the best.
At Linden Road we have a range of rewards that celebrate the success of the full range of experiences
These are awarded for a range of reasons Growth Mindset, exceptional work, progress, behaviour for learning etc.
Merits are also awarded for behaviour and conduct around school.
Merit Badges are awarded at Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum levels.
Students then move on to Diploma, Degree and Doctorate awards.
After this students select an area of personal or academic development and half their merits are awarded for this aspect and the other half as before students are then aiming for Sapphire, Ruby and Emerald awards.
Every week students in classes identify the two students that have made the most progress academically over the past week. They then receive a certificate in Achievement Assembly.
At the end of each half term, term and year the teacher identifies the students who have made the most academic progress.
Sports Star of the Week
Is awarded to one student who has made excellent progress from each class weekly.
Each week the class with the lowest number of lates or the highest % attendance receives a Golden Ticket that can be used as a treat of the classes choice.
Half termly there is a draw for a £5 book token.
Students (and staff) with 100% attendance at the end of the year go on our Bowling Trip.
This is awarded to students who show exemplary commitment to being #proudtobelinden. This could be an action in or outside of school.
Students who have made great progress within a lesson may also go and see the Principal for recognition and reward. Work may also be displayed on our #proudtobelinden display in the Learning Zone.
All students wear our smart and distinctive uniform with immense pride.
'I am proud of our uniform because it makes us a good role model. It makes people want to come here.' Student Voice.
School Jumper, charcoal grey with lime green trim and logo.
Black skirt, pinafore or trousers.
White shirt suitable for wearing with a tie, Key Stages 1 and 2.
White polo shirt, Foundation Stage.
Summer - green checked dress or black tailored shorts.
School Blazer (optional).
School tie (optional for Foundation Stage).
Black, grey, green or white socks or tights.
Full black shoes with a dark coloured sole. No trainers not even black ones, trainer type shoes, Ugg-style boots nor open-toed sandals. This is for Health and Safety reasons.
Black, green or yellow hair accessories.
School book bag (optional)
A set of warm, waterproof clothing that can get dirty and a pair of wellies for learning outside and in Linden Woods.
Black shorts, no leggings.
House colour t-shirt (available from school office)
For cold and inclement weather students may wear black jogging trousers and plain black sweatshirt. School logo jogging suits (optional) are available from the school stockist.
PE Kits to be left in school and taken home at the end of each half term.
Light weight PE bag, not a carrier bag, school PE bag available.
Ties available in school, please contact the office for details.
Please get in touch if you have an queries about uniform or need assistance.
Kids Stop uniform shop, 49, Market Street, Hyde, SK14 2AB or order online at: www.kids-stop.co.uk
Sallie's uniform shop, 39, Manchester Road, Denton, M34 3JU. email: email@example.com
The Linden Road Academy Charter
The whole academy community will strive to be:
Linden Road Academy will:
- Make work challenging, exciting, interesting and varied.
- Motivate and develop children’s behaviour for learning and Growth Mindset.
- Help children improve their learning so that they make the best possible progress.
- Provide a safe and happy environment where everyone respects each other.
- Ensure that all staff are great role models for children and the Linden Road Academy community.
- Prepare students for high school and lifelong learning.
Parents and carers will:
- Ensure that their child wears the correct uniform.
- Expect the correct behaviour from their children; supporting them in developing great behaviours for learning and a Growth Mindset.
- Act as role models for their children and the whole Linden Road Academy community by acting appropriately and wearing appropriate clothing when on the school premises.
- Make sure that their child attends school regularly and does not take holidays within school term-time.
- Make sure that homework and home learning tasks are completed, and take an active role in their child’s learning.
- Be constructive about the school, looking for solutions when there may be difficulties and providing feedback when things are going well.
- Have the correct attitude towards other students and be fantastic role models.
- Have a Growth Mindset.
- Complete class and homework on time and to the very best of their abilities.
- Wear the correct uniform; look smart.
- Always have the correct PE kit in school for lessons and after school clubs.
- Tell their parents they do not want to go on holiday during term time.
- Come to school on time.
- Be kind to new students joining the school.
The Local Governing Body will:
- Ensure that the school delivers an excellent quality of education.
- Monitor that the academy implements all policies, procedures and legal responsibilities efficiently and effectively.
- Hold the school accountable for performance and development of staff and children alike.
Principal: Mr Greaves Chair of Local Governing Body: Mrs Whitfield
By attending Linden Road Academy students and their parents/carers agree to uphold this Academy Charter.