Student Leadership Team
In September each class elected their student representatives to the 2017-18 Student Leadership Team.
The role of the Student Leadership Team is to:
- Provide a bird’s eye view on the quality of what is happening at the academy.
- Advise the Principal, Governors and staff on students’ views to improve academy life.
- Use a cycle of improvement find out What Works Well and Even Better If.
- Be the voice of the students within the academy.
- Meet regularly with the Academy Leadership Team.
- Act as superb role models for the students of Linden Road Academy.
We are currently working on:
- Our new Healthy Packed Lunch Policy
- Leaders of Learning
- Increasing challenge in the classroom even more
Our previous work has included:
- An enquiry into how Working Walls in classrooms help students learn and how the school can make them even better.
- Conducting and feeding back on student consultation.
- Working with teaching staff in their Staff Meetings to make rewards and behaviour even better.
- Participating in enquiries with the Senior Leadership Team and the Enquire Learning Trust into learning.
- Conducting learning walks and observations of learning alongside the members of the Senior Leadership Team and feeding back to teachers.
- Regularly providing feedback to the Principal on what is going well and what could be even better.